Values & Priorities
Values are strongly held beliefs that drive decision-making and actions. If something is described as a “value,” but is aspirational or only observed occasionally, it’s not really a value.
Here are my priorities and values, stated as concisely and clearly as possible.
- Customer first, company second, department third.
- Share your questions and your expertise.
- Relationships are our work.
- Integrity is paramount.
- Do the right thing for the long term.
- Excellence creates opportunities.
- Facts, not folklore.
- Interrogate the data relentlessly.
- Connect the dots.
- Analyze, test, implement, adjust.
- Pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Usually “good enough” isn’t good enough.
- There is always one more thing you can do.
Thanks to my former colleagues in the Government Segment at West/Thomson Reuters in Eagan, MN for helping develop this list for our entire team. They prodded me to expand and to deepen my thinking. And I haven’t seen a need to change the list in the intervening years.